The 2019 JLS
Using feedback from Girl Guides and Girls Scouts all over the world, we decided to change the way we deliver our largest leadership development event, and offer one event this triennium (2017-2020) for more people than every before.
In 2019, we completed part 1 of the 2019 JLS pilot project, we delivered; one programme that utilised technology through a team of over 100 global facilitators across 18 different global locations, all taking place at the same time. This new approach allowed the different global locations - called hubs - to connect with each other over the internet and brought the JLS programme to hundreds of participants. We took the best parts of the JLS and made them bigger.
The 2019 JLS in numbers
To find out more click the link under the icons to read the event report.
The 2019 JLS was divided into two parts:
PART 1 - Participants attend a JLS hub and experience the programme with peers from around the world.
PART 2 - Using this new knowledge and network, participants then give at least 100 girls aged 12+ a space to practise leadership through the 100 Girls Project. The IMPACT REPORT from the 100 Girls Projects can be found HERE.
If you have any questions you can reach the team at email@example.com.
How was the 2019 JLS different?
- Up to 1000 participant places were offered to Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting Associations, in comparison to 60 places in previous years.
- Rather than various post event projects, all participants were trained and supported to deliver an adapted version of one single project; the 100 Girls Project.
- A co-educational JLS programme was trialled in France and Poland.
- The participant age range was extended by four years, to include members aged 18 - 32.
- A programme was delivered in every WAGGGS region and in Arabic, English, French, Mandarin, Spanish, Swahili or Thai.
Among all the leadership training I've been to, this is by far the best ever that made a huge impact on me. It creates a safe space for girls to grow without any judgement, and develops our potential based on our own leadership journey. Now that I'm fired up with the guiding spirit, to the youths of Malaysia, look out because you are going to see that girl guiding will provide you an incredible journey.
#JLS2019 hub locations:
- AUSTRALIA hosted by Girl Guides Australia (ASIA PACIFIC REGION)
- ENGLAND hosted by Pax Lodge, World Centre (EUROPE REGION)
- FRANCE hosted by Fédération du Scoutisme Français (EUROPE REGION)
- INDIA hosted by Sangam, World Centre (ASIA PACIFIC REGION)
- IRELAND hosted by Irish Girl Guides (EUROPE REGION)
- MADAGASCAR hosted by Skotisma Zazavavy Eto Madagasikara (AFRICA REGION)
- MALDIVES hosted by Maldives Girl Guides Association (ASIA PACIFIC REGION)
- MEXICO hosted by Our Cabaña, World Centre (WESTERN HEMISPHERE REGION)
- OMAN hosted by Oman Scouts and Guides (ARAB REGION)
- NIGERIA hosted by The Nigerian Girl Guides Association (AFRICA REGION)
- PERU hosted by Asociación Nacional de Guías Scouts del Perú (WESTERN HEMISPHERE REGION)
- POLAND hosted by The Polish Scouting and Guiding Association (EUROPE REGION)
- SWITZERLAND hosted by Our Chalet, World Centre (EUROPE REGION)
- TAIWAN hosted by Girl Scouts of Taiwan (ASIA PACIFIC REGION)
- TANZANIA hosted by Kusafiri, World Centre in partnership with Kenya Girl Guides and The Tanzania Girl Guides Association (AFRICA REGION)
- THAILAND hosted by Girl Guides (Girl Scouts) Association of Thailand (ASIA PACIFIC REGION)
- UNITED KINGDOM hosted by Girlguiding (EUROPE REGION)
- UNITED STATES hosted by Girl Scouts USA (WESTERN HEMISPHERE REGION)
Volunteer with us
If you want to volunteer for with us, become part of our volunteer resource pool.