Volunteers enable WAGGGS to deliver its many activities in a variety of way. If you join us, you will have the possibility to support by facilitating learning, designing training courses, making our resources accessible by translating them in our 4 official languages ( Arabic, English, French and SP), designing communication assets, managing projects, working with our Member Organisations to build their capacity and more.
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting could not exist without our 1.5 million volunteer leaders who:
- Fill management and governance roles at local, national, regional and global levels
- Train and support adult members and volunteers
- Design and help deliver our educational programmes.
- Provide service to the organisation through involvement in external events, partnerships, campaigns and community projects.
- Provide opportunities which contribute to Girl Guides and Girl Scouts’ self-development as active and responsible citizens.
Samantha Yarmiy, Canada Girl Guides
I love volunteering for WAGGGS because I've been able to learn facilitation tools that work not only on a local level but also on a global level. Through volunteering for WAGGGS I've been able to meet people from all over the world and develop lifelong friendships!
María José Gallardo Pérez, Chile Asociación de Guías y Scouts de Chile
In my journey I have surely motivated others with my actions and stories, we will never know how far we can touch other hearts, what I am sure is that during this year of volunteering I have gone further and higher challenging myself again and again, having the certainty that we all have our place.
Micaela Lagoria, Asociación Guias Argentinas
Being a volunteer for WAGGGS is a way to discover the world and to be in contact with girl guides from other countries. It gives me the opportunity to contribute to the leadership of girls and young women who are part of the movement. I volunteered at my Member Organisation in the Western Hemisphere Region and I also volunteered at a World Centre (twice). Now, I am a global volunteer as a CAT Assistant and with the translator & interpreters team.