Thank you for your interest to volunteer with WAGGGS, below are featured descriptions of our different volunteer opportunities.
You will see that we are always looking for people with a diverse set of skills, and we hope that you can join a project that excites you!
Please note that you can only apply for volunteer opportunities via our volunteer pool. Check this page to see how you can join the volunteer pool.
Challenge and Up Skill Yourself in 2021 by Volunteering for Asia Pacific Region
Do you want to do something awesome and different in 2021?
Do you want to challenge yourself and up-skill?
If yes, apply to volunteer with the largest region of WAGGGS, the Asia-Pacific Region! With the opportunity to make the difference in the lives of millions of young people who benefit from the Girl Guides and Girl Scouts movement in the Asia-Pacific, you can help the Region and its Member Organisations to grow, develop and achieve more.
We have various roles available to match your interest, experience and skills so, hurry and apply before 14th February 2021. Applications will be assessed on merit, using criteria set by the Regional Committee, and all applicants will be notified if they have been successful or not before the end of February 2021.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a diverse team of volunteers to work in a wide range of working areas to support the achievement of the Regional Plan 2020-2022. You will support the work of the Asia Pacific Region through offering your expertise, skills, energy, ideas and time.
Volunteers will be selected based on the skills, experience and competencies demonstrated in their application form. We welcome volunteers who are active members in a WAGGGS Member Organisation regardless of origin, skin colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief, age, health, or socio-economic background.
We particularly encourage young women under thirty to put forward their applications.
What are the required skills and knowledge?
- commitment to WAGGGS and our mission and vision
- relevant experience and knowledge of the preferred area of work
- motivation to contribute to the achievement of the Regional plan 2020-2022 and willingness to bring their own ideas and creativity
- ability to communicate in English and have regular internet access
- ability to work in an intercultural context and as part of a diverse team
- ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- commitment to working in partnership with staff and other volunteers
- a positive, open-minded attitude
- ability to commit time to the work and meet agreed on deadlines (this will vary depending on the role/event planning)
- willingness to learn about the WAGGGS Leadership Model and embed this in your work and personal leadership practice.
For all lead volunteer positions:
- Experience of leading teams of volunteers and supervising, including performance management
- Structured approach and experience in project coordination
- Strategic thinking and time management
What would you gain?
By volunteering with us, you can:
- make a difference to the lives of millions of young people who are part of the Girl Guide and Girl Scout Movement in the Asia Pacific
- enhance your skills and experience in an international setting
- learn best practices and be in a process of continued learning
- improve your employability and educational prospects
How can I apply?
The link to apply for this opportunity is only available on Mobilize the platform we use at WAGGGS to manage our volunteers. If you are already a member of our volunteer pool you can directly apply for the roles via the platform. MOs endorsement will be sought before we recruit anyone from the pool.
If you are not part of the WAGGGS Volunteer Pool, you need to contact you MO to endorse you using this form. Once on Mobilize, you can directly apply to these roles or other roles in the future. To understand more about WAGGGS Volunteer Pool and volunteer recruitment process please find the details here.
We will be arranging a webinar on 15th January 2020 6-8 AM UTC for MO representatives and those interested to apply to provide more details on Volunteer Resource Pool and the roles currently advertised. We will be most happy to answer any questions you may have. Save your seat if you would like to be part of the webinar by 13th January 2021.
You can also email to firstname.lastname@example.org to seek further clarification and information.
Are you interested in one of these roles and you are not on our Mobilize platform yet? write to us email@example.com