WAGGGS is volunteer led and volunteer run - this means that we impact the life of million of girls and young women in the world thanks to the work that our volunteers do.
We are always looking for potential volunteers to join our resource pool, a roster composed of adult members of WAGGGS Member Organisations around the world. We advertise volunteering opportunities to which you'll be able to apply directly, we share news about WAGGGS and a variety of learning tools. Your engagement can support different projects and help to strengthen our Movement.
How do volunteers join the pool?
To join the pool, there are a couple of steps to follow:
- Volunteers must be endorsed by their Member Organisation (MO) or Association, please send completed recommendation forms to email@example.com
- Once the recommendation has been accepted by WAGGGS, the you will be invited to join an online platform called Mobilize. Once on the system, you are encouraged to introduce yourself and get to know other members. New volunteering opportunities will be posted on Mobilize, you can check the platform regularly to stay informed.
- When joining the volunteer pool, you will be invited to a face to face on line induction meeting and directed to a self-guided induction process. This is a way to familiarise volunteers with general WAGGGS policies and procedures, and how to operate in the network. You will also be asked to sign and send the Terms of References.
If you want to volunteer on a national or regional level, get in touch with your Region or your MO.
Why is the volunteer pool so cool?
The volunteer pool connects WAGGGS staff and volunteers from all over the world! Members of the pool work hands on together. Once they have joined the pool, volunteers can learn and be part of a variety of exciting projects. Being part of the pool is being part of an extraordinarily diverse community of people sharing the same values and similar interests - volunteers will learn about Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting in other parts of the world, be able to share good practices and different approaches to similar topics. They'll have the opportunity to practice leadership with their international friends.
To join the resource pool, a person must be recommended by their Member Organisation.
You are over 18 years old and are an active member of one of our 152 Member Organisations.
You can communicate well (understand and be understood, in written and spoken) in one or more of the WAGGGS official languages: English, French, Spanish and Arabic. You are open-minded and willing to try new things and you are committed to consciously practice the WAGGGS leadership model (learning resources are available on the network). Being willing to practice the worldly mindset is particularly important, as the network is very diverse and we commit to set a safe space for all.
Actions for Member Organisations
If a member (18+) from your Association would like to volunteer for WAGGGS, they will have first to join the volunteer pool, to do so volunteers need to be endorsed by their Member Organisation. To endorse a volunteer you will have to read the information sheets bellow and complete and sign a recommendation form.
By joining the pool, your members will be connecting with other Members from WAGGGS Member Organisations, they will have learning opportunities and will be able to apply to volunteering opportunities. Volunteering opportunities will be advertised openly on the volunteer network and on our website, but only people already on the volunteers pool will be able to apply
1/ Read all Information Sheets
- Volunteer Resource Pool Update Letter (EN)
- Volunteer Resource Pool Information Sheet (EN)
- Volunteer Resource Pool Terms of Reference (EN)
2/ Complete and Sign the Recommendation Form
3/ Return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.