29 participants from 14 French speaking Member Organisations in the Africa Region working on strengthening the Girl experience.
Making sure that the programmes are relevant, exciting, attractive and learn led for our Girl Guides is very challenging, but this workshop has given me the tools to make this happen. I feel empowered!
Continuing our work with the Africa Region on strengthening the Girl experience, the Fifth World Centre travelled to Benin to work with 29 leaders from 14 French speaking Member Organisations. This was the first time Benin had hosted a Fifth World Centre event, and they used their Fifth World Centre grant to extend the training centre to make this possible.
- Of the 29 participants, half were under 35 years old
- 14 Member Organizations participated in the workshop
- Participants committed to sharing their learning with approximately 4,000 leaders and trainers
- As leaders, the participants work with approximately 860 girls on a regular basis
- Participants committed to ensuring approximately 100,000 girls would benefit from the impact of the training
The participants explored WAGGGS educational method from different perspectives, shared their successes and challenges around their national Girl Guide and Girl Scout experience, and learned how to build an educational framework to support their national programmes.