Funded by Zonta International through the WAGGGS' partnership with UN Women, ACTIVATE events are 5-day training workshops under the education pillar of the Stop the Violence - speak out for girls' rights campaign.
The events are aimed at National Trainers from selected Member Organisations, and their objectives are to:
• Develop the trainers' understanding of gender-based violence
• Provide the trainers' with the opportunity to practice delivering activities from the Voices against Violence curriculum using WAGGGS’ non-formal learning method
• Challenge myths and harmful beliefs about violence against girls and young women
• Enable the trainers to explore what advocacy is and provide them with tools to develop their own national or local campaigns
• Support the trainers to work with others from their Member Organisation to deliver the Voices against Violence curriculum safely and train others on what they’ve learnt
The trainers will return to their countries and deliver national trainings to active leaders in their association who are committed to running the Voices Against Violence curriculum with their Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
By the end of 2016 the World Association will have reached 800,000 young people with the transformative non-formal education curriculum.
Learn more about what has taken place at previous ACTIVATE events
French-speaking African ACTIVATE, Lomé, Togo: January 2016
Western Hemisphere ACTIVATE, New York, USA: 17th – 22nd October 2015
Asia-Pacific ACTIVATE, Sangam, India: 12th – 17th December 2014
English-speaking African ACTIVATE, Lusaka, Zambia: 17th – 22nd April 2015
If you are a Member Organisation and you would like to send representatives to an upcoming ACTIVATE event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
End violence against girls with non-formal education!
Do you want to roll out Voices against Violence in your organisation? Email an Expression of Interest form to email@example.comCommit now