United Arab Emirates
Number of Girl Guides in 2017
On my honour, I promise to do my best: To do my duty to God then to my country, To help other people in all circumstances, To abide by the Girl Guide Law.
United Arab Emirates Guide Law
- A Girl Guide’s honour is to be trusted.
- A Girl Guide is loyal to God, her country, her leaders and subordinates.
- A Girl Guide is useful and helpful to others.
- A Girl Guide is a friend to all and a sister to every other Guide.
- A Girl Guide has a praiseworthy character.
- A Girl Guide is kind to animals.
- A Girl Guide is obedient to her parents and leaders.
- A Girl Guide keeps her smile when facing difficulties and deals with all such difficulties with patience and perseverance.
- A Girl Guide is thrifty.
- A Girl Guide is pure in word and in deed.
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God and my country, To help other people at all times, especially my family, To obey the Girl Guide Law.
Development of the Movement
Guiding in the United Arab Emirates began in 1973 when Girl Guide companies were opened in Sharjah. In the same year the first training for 30 leaders was run by the Arab Training Commissioner and Guiding has since spread to all seven Emirates.
The Girl Guides Association of the United Arab Emirates was officially registered with the Government in 1979. Guiding has now reached all educational sectors, including the University, and efforts are being made to extend the Movement to rural areas.