Bangladesh Girl Guides Association
New Bailey Road
Phone: +88028315501 | Fax: +88028315592
Number of Girl Guides in 2018
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best: 1 To do my duty to God, and my country. 2 To help other people at all times. 3 To obey the Guide Laws.
Bangladesh Guide Law
- A Guide’s honour is to be trusted.
- A Guide is loyal.
- A Guide’s duty is to be useful and to help others.
- A Guide is a friend and a sister to every other Guide.
- A Guide is courteous.
- A Guide is a friend to animals.
- A Guide obeys orders.
- A Guide faces all Challenges with smiles.
- A Guide is thrifty.
- A Guide is pure in thought, word and deed.
I promise to do my best: 1 To do my duty to God and my country. 2 To help other people every day especially those at home.
- The Yellowbird gives in to the older folk.
- The Yellowbird does not give in to herself.
Development of the Movement
Since 1928 Girl Guides have been active in the area which is now Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Girl Guides Association was welcomed as a separate member of WAGGGS in 1973 and is now the country’s largest national non-political organization, offering leadership training to girls and young women.
In addition, Guiding has been incorporated into the student curriculum at the college of physical education and at the institute for primary teachers’ training, and every year more than 80 young women participate in training. Guiding is also an integral part of the secondary school curriculum for girls.