Federação de Bandeirantes do Brasil
Number of members in 2016
Girls & Boys
I promise, that I will do my best: To do my duty to God and my country, To help other people at all times, To obey the Guide Law.
- Is trustworthy
- Is loyal and respects truth
- Helps her/his neighbour on all occasions
- Esteems and cherishes friendship
- Is kind and courteous.
- Sees God in creation and protects nature
- Knows how to obey
- Faces all difficulties cheerfully
- Uses resources wisely
- Acts, thinks, and is coherent with ethic values
Development of the Movement
Guiding in Brazil began in Rio de Janeiro in 1919, following a letter from Olave, Lady Baden-Powell, to open the Movement. The Federação celebrates 13 August as Foundation Day, the date on which the first 11 Guides (Bandeirantes) made their Promise in 1919. In 1930, Brazil became the first South American country to become a member of WAGGGS.