Number of Girl Guides in 2017
I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and other people, And to keep the Guide Law.
Zimbabwe Guide Law
- A Guide is loyal and can be trusted
- A Guide is helpful
- A Guide is polite and considerate
- A Guide is friendly and a sister to all Guides
- A Guide is kind to animals and respects all living things
- A Guide is obedient
- A Guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties
- A Guide makes good use of her time
- A Guide takes care of her possessions and those of other people
- A Guide is self-controlled in all she says, thinks and does
I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and other people, And to keep the Brownie Law.
- A Brownie is truthful, obedient and cheerful
- A Brownie thinks of others before herself
I promise to care and to share.
Development of the Movement
Guiding in Zimbabwe began in 1912. In 1926 the Wayfarers, an organization for African girls working along similar lines to the Guide Movement, was started. In 1940 the two Movements began to merge, and this process was completed in 1950.
The name of the Association was changed in 1981 from the Girl Guides Association of Rhodesia to the Girl Guides Association of Zimbabwe.