Number of Girl Guides in 2017
I promise on my honour that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and help other people, and To keep the Guide Law.
Sierra Leone Guide Law
- A Guide is loyal and can be trusted.
- A Guide is helpful.
- A Guide is polite and considerate.
- A Guide is friendly to all and a sister to all Guides.
- A Guide is kind to animals and plants and sees in nature the work of
- A Guide is obedient.
- A Guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties.
- A Guide makes good use of her time, money and talents.
- A Guide takes care of her own possessions and those of other people.
- A Guide controls herself and is clean in all she thinks, says and does.
I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and help other people, and To keep the Brownie Guide Law.
Sierra Leone Brownie Law
A Brownie Guide thinks of others before herself and does a good turn every day.
I promise to do my best to love God and to be friendly and helpful
Development of the Movement
When Guiding was introduced to Sierra Leone in 1924 most units were attached to schools in the Freetown area. The Association, a Branch Association of the Guide Association (UK), spread to the rest of Sierra Leone with the establishment of secondary schools in provincial towns and improved communications to remote areas.