The 37th WAGGGS World Conference will be a chance to celebrate our successes, reflect on our past work, and to focus on our future.
The future of our Movement, the future of our Member Organisations and the future of every girl and any girl. We can deliver an inspiring World Conference together, activating our collective strength to set a strong direction, in which our vibrant, united Movement can thrive steadily into the next decade and beyond.
We are looking forward to a World Conference with open, strategic and meaningful discussions. To a World Conference where MOs will be taking a bigger role in designing and delivering parts of the programme. We will open spaces for greater chances for you to connect, to share learnings and best practices, and to build capacities across the Movement. We will encourage active participation of young women during the planning, delivery and attendance of the Conference. So join us while we celebrate our amazing diversity across the world.
We have three roles available to support the 2020 World Conference – one Team Coordinator who will lead two team members. The team will comprise of women from different Member Organisations.
So we’d love to know if you have someone in your Member Organisation who has fantastic organisational skills and a firm knowledge of our Constitution, procedures and bye-laws as well as bringing forward the following to the table:
Skills and experience
- Have current working knowledge of the WAGGGS Constitution, bye-laws, policies and any Regional policy and guidelines.
- Be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing – it would be a massive benefit if they know a second WAGGGS official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
- Demonstrate an understanding of diverse points of view and have an appreciation of cultural diversity
- Be a member of a WAGGGS Member Organisation
- Working with Member Organisations prior to the Conference to coordinate and clarify any Proposed Amendments and new Proposed Motions
- Be available at pre-determined times during the Conference to answer delegate questions on any Conference procedures
- Complete the Record of Decisions and an evaluation report of Conference procedures and implementation
Application forms must be submitted to the Governance Team at the World Bureau by 23.59pm (UTC) on Monday 26 August 2019 at the latest.
For further information on the role and key dates, please read our Terms of Reference. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.