Participate in an international exchange and travel to another country for 6 months.
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, we have temporarily suspended international travel. Once it is safe to travel again, please watch out for calls for applications to go on exchange.
To apply to participate in the programme you should meet the following minimum criteria: -
- You should be 18-25 years.
- You should have been an active Girl Guide or Girl Scout for at least 2 years.
- You should be willing, able and ready to leave your country for 6 months continually without travelling back home.
- You should be fully available for a year without school, work or other obligations.
Only girls and young women from the following countries can apply: Bangladesh, Burundi, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Serve on your country's National Task Force
To get involved with the YESS Girls' Movement in your country, please contact the YESS Country Coordinator in your home Association.
You can apply to serve on any one of the following National Task Forces:
- The Achievers (leading on Membership development)
- Wheels of change (in charge of Advocacy with our Yes! Girls Can campaign; Red Pride and Green Tech Generation Campaign)
- Team Connect (responsible for the programme communications including management of our social media platforms)
- COVID Crashers (spear heading the Girl-led community response to COVID-19)
- The CAP- Force (working on on Capacity building)
You should be a young woman between 18-35 years old. YESS alumnae are also encouraged to apply. Please note that serving on the YESS National Task Forces is a voluntary service and you should not expect any payments for being on a National YESS Task Force. Volunteer-related expenses will be covered.
Volunteer for the programme
The YESS Girls' Movement is a hive of activity and there are opportunities to volunteer most of the time. Watch out for volunteer opportunities here.