No society treats its women as well as its men.
Gender discrimination remains the most pervasive form of inequality throughout the world. To empower and bring out the best of both young women and young men, change is usually needed at an organisational and individual level.
- Do you know in your Association what is the percentage of girls at member level (brownies, guides)? or what is the percentage of women at senior level?
- Is it possible that female and male leaders are treated and judged differently?
- Can Guiding and Scouting help young people contribute to society and family without feeling a pressure to conform to traditional roles?
- How does your Association take account of family pressures faced by young women and young men?
Download this booklet to give you some facts and ideas on how your organization can approach the gender imbalance and work on ways of redressing the balance.
- Fecha de publicación: 1st Diciembre 2013
- Autor(es: WAGGGS Europe. Funded with the support of the European Commission Youth in Action
- Largo: 24 páginas
- Tipo de recursos: Activity packs
- Tema de recursos: Non-formal Educational Method