Number of Girl Guides in 2015
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God then my country, To help other people in all circumstances, To obey the Guide Law.
Bahrain Guide Law
- Girl Guide Law
- A Guide’s honour is to be trusted.
- A Guide is loyal to God, her country, her parents and to all those who are older than she.
- A Guide’s duty is to be useful and to help others.
- A Guide is a friend to all and a sister to every other Guide.
- A Guide is courteous.
- A Guide is a friend to animals.
- A Guide obeys fully the orders of her parents, the head of her division and her team’s leader.
- A Guide smiles under all difficulties and accepts them with patience and perseverance.
- A Guide is thrifty and economical.
- A Guide is pure in thought, in word and in deed.
On my honour, I promise To do my duty to God then my country To help other people every day especially my parents To obey the Brownies’ Law
Development of the Movement
The Girl Guides Association of Bahrain was formed in 1970 when Guide companies were started in three secondary schools. By 1973 additional groups and six Brownie packs had been set up in primary and intermediate schools. The Association, one of the few organisations for girls in Bahrain, continues to expand and benefits from the support of Sheika Noura Isa Al-Kalifa, the daughter of the Emir. All companies and packs in Bahrain are attached to schools.