Fundraising is a fun, creative and exciting way to raise money for WAGGGS. Whether you are a Leader, Girl Guide, Girl Scout or caring member of the public, we appreciate all of your efforts to support us. In doing so you will be contributing to the wonderful work WAGGGS does around the world, supporting girls and young women everywhere.
Visit our Justgiving page to fundraise for us online. You can set up a page for your Guiding and Scouting Group, your group of friends or for yourself and invite all of your friends and family to pledge their support.
With the help of Guides and Scouts around the world, we’ve collected some of the best fundraising ideas to give you a helping hand in organizing your own challenge event. Try to organise a challenge or event with members of your Group or go it alone and inspire others to take action. Below are some of our favourite ideas, but the options are endless and if you have a great idea that worked for you, let us know by using the email address below so that we can share it with fellow fundraisers.
- Host a special event day with games and activities for children and a small entrance fee - you can promote this in schools and community centres, and use some of the activities from this pack.
- Organise a community treasure hunt or quiz night with a cost for each team to take part and a prize for the winners
- Make origami boxes that everyone takes home and has a month to fill with coins
- Hold a sponsored hike, swim, camp, silence etc...
- Ask your school if they will let you organise a “dress up day” where everyone can wear their own clothes, or fancy dress, for a day at a small cost
- Plan a special event, such as a gourmet dinner, gala ball, dance, afternoon tea etc, and sell tickets
Once you’ve completed your challenge, why not share your stories and pictures on our WAGGGS Instagram Account. We’d love to hear what you’ve done and so would your fellow members from around the world.