Girl Guides Association of Trinidad and Tobago
Number of girl guides in 2017
I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and help other people, and To keep the Guide Law.
- A Guide is loyal and can be trusted
- A Guide is helpful
- A Guide is polite and considerate
- A Guide is friendly and a sister to all Guides
- A Guide is kind to animals and respects all living things
- A Guide is obedient
- A Guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties
- A Guide makes good use of her time
- A Guide is careful of her own belongings and respects those of others
- A Guide is self-controlled in all she thinks, says and does
I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and to help other people, and To keep the Brownie Law.
Development of the Movement
Guiding in Trinidad and Tobago began in 1914, and the Association became a registered Branch Association of the Guide Association (UK). In 1930, the foundation stone of the Girl Guide headquarters was laid by the Founder and World Chief Guide.