Asociación de Guías Scouts de Colombia
Number of girl guides in 2018
With the grace of God, I ... promise on my honour that I will do my best: To fulfil my duties to God, my country and my family, To help other people in all circumstances, To obey the Guide Law.
- A Guide loves truth and lives by it
- A Guide is loyal and to be trusted
- A Guide is useful to her community
- A Guide is a friend to all and a sister to all other Guides
- A Guide is always ready to talk things over and she respects the convictions of others
- A Guide loves life and nature and by seeing in them the work of God tries to conserve and develop them
- A Guide is responsible
- A Guide is cheerful and optimistic under difficulties
- A Guide looks after her things and respects those of others
- A Guide is disciplined and aware of all she thinks, says and does
I ... promise to do everything possible: To fulfil my duties to God, my country and my family, To help other people every day especially those at home and at school, and To obey the Law of the Pack.
- A Fairy is cheerful and obedient
- A Fairy is generous and always tells the truth
Development of the Movement
Guiding began in Colombia in 1936, but it was not until 1948 that the National Executive Council was formed. The Association was recognised by the government in 1954 and its headquarters were set up in Bogotá.