Number of girl guides in 2017
On my honour and with the help of God: I promise to do my best to do my duty to God and my country, To help other people at all times, and To obey the Guide Law.
- A Guide is to be trusted
- A Guide is loyal and responsible
- A Guide serves and helps other people without
expecting rewards or praise
- A Guide sees herself as a sister to all
- A Guide is courteous
- A Guide respects nature, for in it she sees the
work of God
- A Guide is obedient and disciplined and does nothing
- A Guide is cheerful and faces difficulties
- A Guide is thrifty and respects other people’s
- A Guide is pure in thought, words and deeds.
With the help of God and with the hand of my parents I will try to be always cheerful and to give joy to the others.
- The Littlewing is cheerful
- The Littlewing knows to share
- The Littlewing explores the world
Development of the Movement
When Guiding began in Argentina in 1915 it was confined to English schools, and companies and packs were registered with The Guide Association (UK). During the first 40 years the development of the Movement was hindered by many difficulties, including a governmental ban on all uniformed groups of foreign origin in 1939. The situation changed when an autonomous Guide Movement was started in 1953 and the Asociación Guías Argentinas was officially founded. In 1956 the Association was granted legal status by the Government.