Bharat Scouts and Guides
Chief Commissioner (G)
16 Mahatma Gandhi Marg
P. O. Box 7043
NEW DELHI 110002
Number of Guides in 2018
Girls & boys
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God‡ and my country, To help other people, and To obey the Guide Law.
India Guide Law
- A Guide is trustworthy.
- A Guide is loyal.
- A Guide is a friend to all and a sister to every other Guide.
- A Guide is courteous.
- A Guide is a friend to animals and loves nature.
- A Guide is disciplined and helps protect public property.
- A Guide is courageous.
- A Guide is thrifty.
- A Guide is pure in thought, word and deed.
I promise to do my best: To do my duty to God‡ and my country, To keep the Law of the Bulbul flock and To do a good turn every day.
- The Bulbul gives in to the elders.
- The Bulbul is clean and courteous.
Development of the Movement
In 1948 India was welcomed as a separate member of WAGGGS, having been a Founder Member of the World Association, together with present-day Pakistan and Bangladesh, under the name of India, in 1928.
The Girl Guides Association (India) joined together with the nationally recognized Joint Movement in 1951, shortly after India became a Republic, to form the Bharat Scouts and Guides (Bharat being the ancient name for India). Guides and Scouts take part in jamborees, camp fires and other special events together.