Wisma Pandu Puteri
Peti Surat 1121, Jalan Pantai Bharu
59700 KUALA LUMPUR
Phone: +60322827776 | Fax: +6032282659
Number of Girl Guides in 2018
On my honour I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, King and my country Malaysia, To help other people at all times, and To obey the Guide Law.
Malaysia Guide Law
- A Guide’s honour is to be trusted.
- A Guide is loyal.
- A Guide’s duty is to be useful and to help others.
- A Guide is a friend to all and a sister to every other Guide.
- A Guide is courteous.
- A Guide is kind to animals, and conserves the environment.
- A Guide is obedient.
- A Guide smiles and sings under all difficulties.
- A Guide is thrifty.
- A Guide is pure in thought, words and deed.
I promise to do my best: To do my duty to God, the King and my country Malaysia, To help other people every day especially those at home, To obey the Brownie Laws
- A Brownie obeys the teaching of elders.
- A Brownie cares for others before herself
Development of the Movement
Guiding has gathered momentum and strength since it was introduced in Malaysia in 1916. Persatuan Pandu Puteri Malaysia (Girl Guides Association Malaysia) has become one of the leading movements in the country and has gained particular recognition for its contribution towards unifying the various racial groups in Malaysia’s multiracial society.
The Girl Guides Association of Malaya became an Associate Member of WAGGGS in 1960. In 1963 the new country of Malaysia was inaugurated and in December 1964 the Girl Guides Association of Sabah and Sarawak joined the Association.