The 37th WAGGGS World Conference will be a chance to celebrate our successes, reflect on our past work, and to focus on our future.
The future of our Movement, the future of our Member Organisations and the future of every girl and any girl. We can deliver an inspiring World Conference together, activating our collective strength to set a strong direction, in which our vibrant, united Movement can thrive steadily into the next decade and beyond.
We are looking forward to a World Conference with open, strategic and meaningful discussions. To a World Conference where MOs will be taking a bigger role in designing and delivering parts of the programme. We will open spaces for greater chances for you to connect, to share learnings and best practices, and to build capacities across the Movement.
We will be encouraging active participation of young women during the planning, delivery and attendance of the Conference. So join us while we celebrate our amazing diversity across the world.
We are looking for an exceptional woman to chair the Conference who has a firm understanding of our Constitution, procedures and bye-laws as well as bringing forward the following to the table:
Skills and experience
- Have previous experience of chairing a large formal gathering
- A strong grasp of assessing situations, exercise wise judgement coupled with the ability to analyse and interpret information effectively
- Be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing – it would be a massive benefit if they know a second WAGGGS official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
- Effectively handle and understand different points of view and have an appreciation of cultural diversity
- Be a member of a WAGGGS Member Organisation
- To preside over the conference and chair sessions of the Conference effectively
- To ensure the business of the Conference is properly carried out through a democratic and transparent decision-making process
- Be capable of having the final authority on all procedural matters and any point of voting which isn’t covered in the Rules of Procedure
Application forms must be submitted to the Governance Team at the World Bureau by 23.59pm (UTC) on Monday 26 August 2019 at the latest.
For further information on the role and key dates, please read our Terms of Reference. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.