Guías de México
Number of members in 2019
I promise on my honour that I will do my best: To do my duty to God and Mexico, my country, To help other people, and To live the Guide Law.
- A Guide’s honour is to be trusted
- A Guide is loyal
- A Guide is useful and helps others
- A Guide encourages peace and is a sister to every other Guide
- A Guide is courteous
- A Guide conserves and improves the environment and sees in nature the work of God
- A Guide obeys orders
- A Guide confronts difficulties wholeheartedly and with optimism
- A Guide is thrifty
- A Guide is pure in thought, in word and in deed
I promise to share and be a friend.
- A Fairy always tells the truth
- A Fairy is obedient and cheerful
I promise to do my best: To do my duty to God and Mexico my country, and To help everybody every day, particularly those at home.
Development of the Movement
Girl Guiding began in Mexico in 1930 and in 1938 a National Association was formed with a programme adapted to the customs of Mexico and the needs of Mexican girls. Guías de México AC now has Girl Guide companies throughout the country.