The Guyana Girl Guides Association
Number of girl guides in 2018
I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and help other people, and To keep the Guide Law.
- A Guide is loyal and can be trusted
- A Guide is helpful
- A Guide is polite and considerate
- A Guide is friendly and a sister to all Guides
- A Guide is kind to animals and respects all living things
- A Guide is obedient
- A Guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties
- A Guide makes good use of her time
- A Guide takes care of her own possessions and those of other people
- A Guide is self-controlled in all she thinks, says and does
I promise that I will do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and help other people, and To keep the Brownie Guide Law.
Brownie Guide Law
A Brownie Guide thinks of others before herself and does a good turn every day.
Development of the Movement
Guiding began in Guyana in 1922 and the Movement was officially registered as a Branch Association of the Guide Association (UK) in 1924. By 1927 the Association had its own headquarters in Georgetown and by 1932 two Ranger companies were in operation.
In the years that followed, much intensive training was undertaken throughout Guyana with the help of trainers from other countries.