Savez izviđača Crne Gore
Number of members in 2020
Girls & Boys
"Dajem časnu riječ: da ću čuvati svoju Domovinu da prihvatam Duhovnu stvarnost i da ću tragati za njenim punim značenjem da ću pomagati drugima, živjeti i raditi po izviđačkim zakonima.“
Montenegrin scout and guide laws:
- Izviđač je čast da mu vjeruju
- Izviđaču je dobar drug, vedar i društven
- Izviđač poštuje roditelje i starije a pomaže mlađim i slabijima
- Izviđač stalno uči i primjenjuje stečena znanja
- Izviđač je koristan član zajednice u kojoj živi
- Izviđač je čestit, uljudan i nesebičan
- Izviđač je vrijedan, istrajan i cijeni rad
- Izviđač voli prirodu, upoznaje je i čuva
- Izviđač odgovorno izvršava zajedničke odluke
- Izviđač cijeni i razvija duhovne i kulturne vrijednosti
- Izviđač brine o svom zdravlju i tjelesnim sposobnostima, a kloni se štetnih navika
- Izviđaču je čast da mu vjerujuje organizacije i cijelog izviđačkog pokreta.
- A Scout/Guide is honoured to be trusted
- A Scout/Guide is a good friend, cheerful and sociable
- A Scout/Guide respects parents and the elderly and helps the younger and weaker
- The Scout/Guide is constantly learning and applying the acquired knowledge
- A Scout/Guide is a useful member of the community in which he/she lives
- A Scout/Guide is honest, polite and selfless
- A Scout/Guide is hardworking, persistent and appreciates hard work
- A Scout/Guide loves nature, gets to know it and preserves it
- A Scout/Guide responsibly delivers joint decisions
- A Scout/Guide values and develops spiritual and cultural values
- A Scout/Guide takes care of his health and physical abilities, and stays away from bad habits
- A Scout/Guide preserves the honor and reputation of his organization and the entire scout and guide movement.
Development of the Movement
Scouting first appeared in 1928. A small scout unit was founded by Tibor Sekelj, a writer, a photographer, a geographer and a world traveler, in Nikšić.
In 1955, numerous other units were founded and numerous activities were held, as well as the first school for scout leaders. As scouts units started appearing in Podgorica, Cetinje, Nikšić, Tivat and throughout Montenegro, there was a need to form a big organization which will take care of all the units and their needs.
On January 22, 1956, the Scout Association of Montenegro was founded. The then president, Blažo Jovanović, solemnly handed over the flag to the representatives of the Association.
The Association functioned and worked as part of the Scout Association of Yugoslavia.
In 2006, when Montenegro gained independence, the Scout Association of Montenegro also began to function independently and became part of World Organization of Scout Movement (WOSM) in 2008 at the World Scout Conference in Korea as a full member.
The first training with the goal of getting to know each other between the Scout and Guide Association of Montenegro and World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) was held in January 2018. Another training followed, as well as numerous preparatory activities which provided a chance for SGM to meet the standards of WAGGGS and a chance for WAGGGS to understand the unique features of SGM. On December 19, 2020, at General Meeting, SGM officially became part of the big family of WAGGGS.