Experience live abroad, while develop your leadership skills!
Volunteers can come and support Our Cabana for 12-24 weeks, depending on the season. Here you will take part in the day-to-day running of the centre to help us ensure our programmes are successful.
To qualify as a volunteer, you must:
- Be 18 years old and over
- Be registered as part of a World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Member Organisation in your own country
- Have a good knowledge about the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, the World Centres and their mission
- Have experience leading a unit or troop
- Have experience working with girls aged between 12-18 as well as adults
- Have experience managing large groups of people
- Be an English or Spanish speaker, and be willing to learn or improve the other language
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be in good physical condition and able to work long hours in high altitude (1 mile or 1580 meters)
Focusing on programming volunteers will:
- Develop new workshops, ceremonies and programme ideas based on current World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts topics and initiatives
- Assist, set up and participate in all programme activities, including international festivals, trip introductions, campfires, service projects etc
- Provide participants with tours of local towns and cities
- Assist in the craft house and help run sports activities and musical events
- Prepare dormitories and oversee housekeeping management
- Assist our local Mexican cooks by setting tables and keep the dining hall clean and tidy
- Help at the shop
- Share Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting knowledge from your own country and contribute to the international atmosphere of the World Centre
Note: Accommodation and meals are provided by Our Cabana for the duration of the volunteer term. You can also apply for a travel grant to cover up to £750 GBP travel costs (return, economy class covered by the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts).
Please ensure applications arrive at the following email address before the closing date. The applications must have the signature or letter of approval from your International Commissioner.
Send your forms to Our Cabana: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter/Spring: Jan 2 to May 1, 2021 /Deadline Jul 31, 2020
Summer: May 25 to Sept 5, 2021 / Deadline Dec 15, 2020
Autumn: Sep 25 to Nov 30 2021 / Deadline Feb 28, 2021
Winter/Spring: Jan 2 to May 1, 2022 / Deadline Jun 30, 2021
Summer: May 25 to Sept 5, 2022 / Deadline Dec 15, 2021
Autumn: Sep 25 to Nov 30 2022 / Deadline Feb 28, 2022