Volunteers can come to Our Cabaña for a period of 12 - 24 weeks, depending on the season. Here you will take part in every aspect required to help run a successful programme.
Qualifications required for Volunteers:
- 18 years old and over
- Be registered at a World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Member Organization in your own country
- Have a good knowledge about the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, the World Centres and their mission
- Have experience leading a unit or troop
- Have experience working with girls between 12 - 18 years old and adults
- Have experience managing large groups of people
- English or Spanish native speaker, and be willing to learn or improve the other language
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Be in good physical condition and able to work long hours in high altitude (1 mile or 1580 metres)
Volunteer duties will cover all aspects of programming and housekeeping:
- Develop new workshops, ceremonies and programme ideas based on current World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts topics and initiatives
- Assist, set up and participate in all Programme Activities including International Festivals, trip introductions, campfires, service projects etc.
- Provide participants with tours of local towns and cities
- Assist in the craft house and help run sports activities and musical events
- Prepare dormitories and oversee housekeeping management
- Assist our local Mexican chefs by setting tables and keep the dining hall clean and tidy
- Help at the trading post
- Share Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting knowledge from your own country and contribute to the International atmosphere of the World Centre
Insurance: Our Cabaña will provide travel and medical insurance coverage from the beginning of the trip until the day of leaving Our Cabaña.
A current Health Certificate is required on arrival.
Note: Accommodation and meals are provided by Our Cabaña for the duration of the volunteer term. You can also apply for a travel grant to cover for up to £750 GBP on travel costs. (return, economy class covered by World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts).
Please ensure that the applications arrive to the following two email addresses before the closing date. The applications must have the signature or letter of approval from your International Commissioner / National President of your Association.
Summer: May 25 to Sep 5, 2019 / Deadline Dec 15, 2018
Autumn: Sep 25 to Nov 30, 2019 / Deadline Feb 28, 2019
Wnt/Spg: Dec 17 2019 to May 1, 2020 / Deadline Jun 30, 2019
Summer: May 25 to Sept 5, 2020 / Deadline Dec 15, 2019
Autumn: Sep 25 to Nov 30 2020 / Deadline Feb28, 2019
Wnt/Spg: Dec 17 2020 to May 1, 2021 / Deadline Jun 30, 2020
Our Cabaña: firstname.lastname@example.org