Gain valuable work experience at Our Cabaña
Our Cabana offers a unique programme based on the Girl Guide and Girl Scout methodology, including exciting adventures which provide new experiences and explore Mexico’s culture and traditions. With events designed for every age group, our participants will feel at home. They will also have the opportunity to do service in our community with the help of experienced staff.
Throughout the year, we offer many sessions and international events with various themes including tradition, adventure, ecology and gourmet discovery. These events vary in length and content and are open to every member of WAGGGS. We also provide service to groups in regular, individual or custom events with a 'Bed and Breakfast' modality.
We also offer the opportunity for active WAGGGS members around the world to apply for internships at Our Cabana to learn skills that will further their academic or career goals, while contributing to the delivery of our services.
To qualify as a volunteer, you must: (more specific requirements for each area see the full roll description).
- Be 21 years old and over
- Be registered as part of a World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Member Organisation in your own country
- Have a good knowledge about the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, the World Centres and their mission
- Have experience leading a unit or troop
- Have experience working with girls aged between 12-18 as well as adults
- Have experience managing large groups of people
- Be an English or Spanish native speaker, and be willing to learn or improve the other language
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be in good physical condition and able to work long hours in high altitude (1 mile or 1580 meters).
If you have a passion for guest services, programme planning or marketing and communications, apply for one of our internships.
See the requirements below. If you think you would be suited to the job, complete the application forms:
Guest Services: Supports the front of house coordinators and the rest of the Our Cabana team through daily operations. Full role description
Programme: Supports the Programme Manager – Programmes in designing, planning and executing programmes and events at Our Cabana. Full role description
Marketing and Communications: Supports the Our Cabana team to ensure high-quality promotion and increase the World Centre’s visibility via social media, website updates, etc. Full role description
Note: Accommodation and meals are provided by Our Cabana for the duration of the volunteer term. You can also apply for a travel grant to cover up to £750 GBP travel costs (return, economy class covered by the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts).
- January/June 2021. Deadline Jul 31, 2020
- June/December 2021. Deadline November 30, 2020
- January/June 2022. Deadline May 30, 2021
- June/December 2022. Deadline November 30, 2021
- January/June 2023. Deadline May 30, 2022
Please ensure applications arrive at the following email addresses before the closing date. The applications must have the signature or letter of approval from your International Commissioner / National President of your association.
Our Cabana: firstname.lastname@example.org