The Sri Lanka Girl Guides Association
Girl Guiding introduced in Sri Lanka
Number of Girl Guides in 2017
Phone / Fax
+94112695720 , +94112689052 / +94112673558
I promise to do my best: To do my duty to my religion and country, To help other people at all times, and To live by the Guide Law.
Sri Lanka Guide Law
- A Guide is honest, reliable and can be trusted
- A Guide is loyal.
- A Guide is considerate and helpful at all times.
- A Guide is a sister to every other Guide.
- A Guide is friendly and courteous.
- A Guide is compassionate to all living things.
- A Guide respects authority.
- A Guide is courageous and faces all situations with understanding.
- A Guide is uses resources wisely.
- A Guide respects herself and seeks to understand all human beings.
I promise to do my best: To do my duty to my religion and country, To do a good turn everyday And to keep the Little Friend Law.
Little Friend Law
A Little Friend is truthful, brave and cheerful
She helps others at all times, especially those at home.
Development of the Movement
Guiding in Sri Lanka began in 1917 when the first Girl Guide company was opened in the historic hill town of Kandy. The Movement has since spread to all areas of the country, to strengthening ties between girls and young women from the country’s diverse ethnic, cultural and religious groups. The Association will be celebrating its centenary in March 2017. Centenary activities will commence on 25 June 2014 with the tagline A 1000 Days to A 100 years. From 25 June to 1 July 2014 the Association will be organizing a Child Safety Week with child safety specific themes for each of the seven days.