Location: Sri Lanka
Hours: 21 - 28 hours per week (3 - 4 days)
Contract Type: Fixed Term (2 - 3 months)
Closing Date: 12 March 2018 (12:00 GMT)
Interviews: TBC (via Skype)
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only Movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world.
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing.
About the Nutrition Programme:
Iron deficiency, anaemia and nutritional disorders seriously affect the health and economic well-being of young people globally. They disproportionally impact on the poorest, most vulnerable groups in societies, and affect a larger proportion of girls and women than boys and men.
WAGGGS has formed a strategic partnership with Nutritional International - a Canadian non-governmental organisation (NGO) focused on nutrition interventions - to deliver a programme to improve the knowledge, attitudes and behaviour around nutrition among girls and young women, their families and their communities through non-formal education and local, national and global advocacy. The ultimate and longer-term aim of this partnership is to give greater focus, attention and access to information on nutritional needs to our members globally. The pilot programme runs until October 2019 and will be delivered in partnership with our Member Organisations in Bangladesh, Madagascar, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Tanzania.
About the Role
WAGGGS is seeking a part-time, short-term programme assistant for the Nutrition Programme to support the country Project Manager in Sri Lanka in the set up of the project.
The post will be for approximately two months, 3-4 days a week, with the possibility of extension based on need. The key responsibilities of this position are:
- To support the Programme Manager in setting up a co-creation team of girls and young Guide leaders who will feed into the design of a nutrition curriculum
- To deliver workshops for the co-creation team
- To support the Programme Manager in undertaking community mapping
- To support in the general set-up of the programme within Sri Lanka Girl Guides Association including administration, budgeting and coordination of tasks.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Sri Lanka Girl Guides Association
- Experience in delivering projects on time and to budget
- Experience working with girls
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Fluent in Sinhala, and English.
- Knowledge of nutrition
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in delivering workshops for girls and young women
- Experience working on community projects
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your covering letter and CV via our recruitment portal.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time frame.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.
Apply for the Programme Assistant Position
Find our more...Visit our recruitment portal