Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Start Date: 1 October 2019
Internship Duration: 6 months
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
*Applications must go through Eurodyssey to be considered
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts is the largest voluntary Movement dedicated to girls and young women in the world. Our diverse Movement represents ten million girls and young women from 150 countries.
For more than 100 years Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting has transformed the lives of girls and young women worldwide, supporting and empowering them to achieve their fullest potential and become responsible citizens of the world.
Our strengths lie in innovative non-formal education programmes, leadership development, advocacy work and community action, empowering girls and young women to develop the skills and confidence needed to make positive changes in their lives, in their communities and countries.
Purpose of Internship
As an Programme Intern, you will support World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS)' work on the overarching framework of the Sustainable Development Goals and the delivery of project "Unlock Leadership for Change" in partnership with TheGoals.org.
This opportunity will give you a unique insight into a large-scale project that seeks to educate 12,000 young people from 60 countries on the on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) through the crowd-learning, online platform ‘wagggs.thegoals.org’.
The project is based on non-formal education, on-site and online workshops in order to support WAGGGS’ Member Organisations (MOs) around the world to practice Education for Sustainable Development.
Learning & Development Opportunities
An an intern, you will have a choice from the following learning & development opportunities to focus some of your time on:
- Leadership skills & ability to work in a volunteer-led environment
- Training design skills and practice facilitation through e-learning and on-site training
- To support WAGGGS on the political developments of the SDGs regarding strategy and financing in Brussels
- Attend Sustainable Development related events in the European Parliament
- To learn and/or improve your French & Flemish language skills through a language course
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience.
- Ability to build & maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders, develop cross-functional working with staff at all levels
- Willingness to learn and adapt behaviour to support diverse teams
- An organised and methodical approach to managing workload and meeting deadlines
- Highly creative; able to generate innovative approaches that deliver results
- Experience in non-formal education or youth work
- Experience of office administration and working in an office environment
- Experience in the voluntary sector, preferably working with or as a volunteer
- Experience pf processing & monitoring financial information (invoices, expenses)
- Experience of event planning and delivery
What you can expect from this internship
WAGGGS will provide the following:
- Monthly public transport card for the area of Brussels
- Meal vouchers card
- Office Insurance
The Eurodyssey Programme will provide the following:
- 500€ per month
- Accommodation in a single room in shared flat in Brussels
- Language Course of up to 200€
- The total of 40€ per month paid at the end of the internship after submission of report
How to apply
This is a funded internship through the Eurodyssey framework, please make sure that you are eligible before applying through the website. Click here, to check eligibility.
If you have any questions and are in the process of applying for the internship, please contract Jorge Sanchez on Jorge.Sanchez@wagggs.org
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Belgium
Apply for the SDG Programme Internship
Find out more...Visit Eurodyssey