Job Title: Community engagement officer (Leadership Alumni Network)
Location: Preference is for the role to be located in one of our World Centres (Sangam in Pune, India; Our Chalet in Adelboden, Switzerland; or Pax Lodge in London UK), however, remote in any country where WAGGGS is able to contract for services or employment would be considered.
Hours: 21 or 28 hours/ 3 or 4 days per week
Salary / Fee : Salary will depend on location and experience. As a guide, a UK-based salary for this role would be circa £24,000-27,000 (pro-rata of the number of days worked)
Contract Type: Fixed term until Dec 2025
Closing Date: 18 June 2023 (23:59 BST)
All locations will be considered but due to the line management of this post, preference will be given to applicants who can work at least half of their day between 4:30am UTC and 12:00pm UTC
The main purpose of this role is to manage the Leadership Alumni Network within the WAGGGS Global Girls Leadership Programme (GGLP).
The Global Girls Leadership Programme will offer global leadership experiences for hundreds of girls and young women across the Movement to practise and develop their leadership, build confidence and support networks. This programme will empower an international network of girls and young women to become confident, empathic and inclusive active global citizens within and outside of the Movement.
The Leadership Alumni Network will facilitate the sharing of learning and experiences between young women who have participated in global leadership activities. It will be a community for young women to create meaningful and long-lasting friendships online and feel the power of the Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting sisterhood through a diverse and supportive network of peer changemakers. We will manage this network with purpose so young women can learn from each other and value each other's differences over the whole duration of the project and more. It will be hosted online on Campfire, the WAGGGS digital learning and community platform.
Development of the Leadership Alumni Network
- Work with the GGLP staff team to develop a strategic plan for the creation and development of the Leadership Alumni Network, including:
- Recruitment phases and strategies
- Volunteer support to the network
- Planning and leading activities that are valuable to members & alumni benefits
- Driving community engagement
- Strengthening leadership alumni relations to support WAGGGS’ strategic objectives
- Learn to use Campfire (WAGGGS’ online learning and community platform) and work with the Digital Learning and Community Manager to decide how to best use the platform to develop the network
- To support the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator with monitoring and evaluating the network members’ experience
Alumni community engagement
- Create and keep to a calendar of regular content and engagement opportunities for alumni
- Create engaging content for Leadership Alumni Network members to network, learn from each other, stay connected and use their Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting experience in their professional life, including:
- Online networking sessions
- Peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- Mentoring and coaching
- Keeping up-to-date on WAGGGS news and opportunities
- To manage the transition of GGLP participants into the Leadership Alumni Network
Administration of the network
- To keep record of all leadership alumni members
- To administer the Leadership Alumni Network, supporting new people to register to the network and complete their onboarding
- To provide updates to, and answer enquiries from, members of the Leadership Alumni Network
- To create interactive communications assets (articles, visual assets, videos, etc.) to be published in the network and beyond
- Communicate with Member Organisations and past leadership events and programmes participants on the Leadership Alumni Network to drive membership and engagement
- Work with the languages volunteers and paid translators (when required) to ensure relevant content is translated into the four WAGGGS official languages
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please download the recruitment pack and submit your cover letter & CV online via our recruitment portal.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time frame.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.