Title: Communications Consultant - Stop the Violence
Location: Home-based (in a country where WAGGGS can contract for service)
Contract Length: June - September 2021
Consultancy Fee: Negotiated dependent on experience and location
Closing Date: 23 June 2021 (17:00 GMT)
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world.
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing.
Stop the Violence Campaign:
Stop the Violence (STV) is the WAGGGS global campaign to end violence against girls and women. Launched in 2011 the campaign is working towards the prevention and elimination of violence against girls and women through education, awareness raising, lobbying, policy, research and Community action. This campaign works towards a world where girls and young women live free of violence and the threat of violence, where they are informed and are empowered to claim their rights. A world where these rights are recognised by everyone. Young women take the lead in changing the global conversation on gender base violence and act as advocates, leaders and agents of change in their communities. The Campaign reaches out across the world, empowering and educating girls and young women to understand their rights and giving them the skills to claim those rights.
The role is to support the communications around the delivery of the STV Campaign which includes several different projects; ‘Together We Rise’ and ‘Girls As drivers for Change’ that are being delivered in partnership with WAGGGS Member Organisations in Argentina, South Africa, the Philippines and Uganda. The programme promotes girl-led advocacy through informal learning, campaigning and community change.
As the communications specialist, you will raise the profile and visibility of STV and the work we are doing, through the production of website and social media content, and digital publications. Additionally, working with WAGGGS staff and translators to ensure that all public content is available in the Organisation’s four official languages.
- Working with the Programme Team across the two projects: Together we Rise’ and ‘Girls as Drivers for Change’ and our Member Organisations, Volunteers and Girl Guides/Scouts source at least five amazing impact stories about programme activities, achievements, outputs and impacts. This includes:
1.1. Review the two projects’ reports, evaluation plans and communications.
1.2. Work with the Monitor, Evaluation and Learning Manager to be in line with the Organisation’s MEL deliverables.
1.3. Interview country staff for their recommendations and highlights of the project.
1.4. Interview at least 10 girls participating in the two projects to draft content.
1.5. Create content for least five amazing impact stories that can be used for blogs, news stories, final donor report and potential new donors.
2. Create a communications strategy for the STV Campaign, according to the five-year strategy of the Campaign with the support of the Programme Team and the Communications Manager.
2.1. Review STV Campaign’s 5-year Strategy and overall Communications (incl. Website content).
2.2. Provide a two-page strategy covering aims/objectives, key messages, audience and tactics on how to engage our audience.
3. Create a communications strategy and plan for the social media support[GA3] for the 16 days of Activism Campaign that WAGGGS participates in every year. The plan would be based on this year’s theme, that the consultant would need to develop working closely with the STV team. For reference of previous year campaign, please visit:
How to Apply
- Motivation and capacity statement (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae with a sample of work containing a list of similar projects completed
- Brief work plan proposal and quote outlining how to complete the assignment within the required timeframe (max. 3 pages)
Only complete applications will be considered. The selection will be determined based on the documents submitted. However, individual interviews might be conducted as needed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team firstname.lastname@example.org to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time-frame
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.