WAGGGS’s Helen Storrow Seminar is the premier introductory level international leadership development event held annually at Our Chalet
The seminar explores environmental issues of today and focuses on ways to raise awareness and use practical skills to create meaningful and sustainable change in the participants sphere of influence.
- To give participants the opportunity to explore, grow and develop their personal practical leadership skills, which they can directly apply in their Member Organizations or community
- To offer participants the opportunity to learn about current environmental issues around the world at a basic level and how to seek out more in-depth information
- To incorporate the unique natural environment of the World Center and Swiss Alps into the learning process
- To give participants the chance to learn from each other,
share best practices and to form a cross-cultural network
for the success of future projects
Who can apply?
- Be young women between 18 - 25 years
- Be actively involved in their Association
- Be dedicated to personal leadership development
- Have a mature and responsible attitude
- Be passionate about environmental issues
- Be willing to commit to a post-event environmental themed project to raise awareness about and make a difference in their community, country or the wider world
- Be able to understand and communicate well in English
- Access to internet and GLOW platform a plus
- Not have participated in a WLDP event before
Participants are expected to arrive by 18.00 on 14 March 2016. The seminar officially starts on 15 March 2016 and closes on 21 March 2016. Departures are on 22 March 2016.
To apply, send an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 11 December 2015
The cost of the seminar is CHF 880. This includes all meals, accommodation and programme.
this does not include travel to and from Our Chalet as
well as the insurance and visa costs.
Participants may stay at Our Chalet as independent guests before and after the event with prior reservation for an additional fee. Countries or MOs can send more than one participant. Funding may be available on application.
Book your visit to Our Chalet!
Our Chalet is open to groups, families and individuals throughout the year. We'd love to see you soon, book your stay online todayEnquire now!