World Thinking Day 2016
See what happened on World Thinking Day 2016
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for making this year’s World Thinking Day celebrations such a success! We've received hundreds of cards and well-wishes, and we know that more than 90 countries participated in the #Connect10Million activities. We are delighted to see so many of you taking part, ninety years on, and keeping this tradition and the Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting spirit alive.
World Thinking Day 2016 in numbers:
- A record number of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrated WTD in 90 countries.
- 53,000 pack downloads in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
- The #Connect10Million hashtag provided 10.4 million timeline deliveries.
- 14,319 #Connect10Million frame profile photos in social media
- According to feedback from 60 Member Organizations, the top words describing the resource were: creative , educational , flexible , interesting , entertaining and international.
- Partner engagement - UPS sponsored the delivery of our activity packs to all 146 countries and the World Centres.
- An 88% increase in WTD merchandise sales, with 100,000 badges sold.