The Stay Connected competition, in partnership with Verizon, is searching for your most innovative ideas working towards the Global Goals!
What’s it all about?
Share your most innovative idea for a community action project bringing together technology and the UN’s Global Goals for Sustainable Development. The five brightest ideas, chosen by a panel of judges, will receive up to US$3000 to make their project happen!
What are the Global Goals?
The Global Goals are a set of 17 goals the world will work towards creating a better world now and for the future. Countries around the world signed up to work on them between 2015 and 2030. The competition is looking for project proposals that with the help of technology will bring change in the communities, in any area of the Global Goals.
What's the prize?
A panel of judges from both Verizon and volunteers from WAGGGS will select the most creative proposals from all entries. Each winning proposal will receive up to US$3,000, for their group to work on the project and make it happen!
What will our project be judged on?
Our panel of judges will consider each idea based on:
- Its relevance to the Global Goals and girls' lives in your community
- Innovation - is your idea a new one?
- How effective your idea could be in creating change
- The impact your project could have on your community
- Sustainability - how will your project be able to continue to have an impact once it's set up?
Who can enter the competition?
The competition is open to all Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world, you will just need a leader to enter your idea for you.
Tips on how to get started
If you're in need of some inspiration, have a read of the ideas below to get you started. We know that Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world have some amazing plans and projects!
- Create a page on social media for groups in your local area to connect and share their ideas on community action you could work on together
- Do some research in your local community to find out how you can help create community action projects working towards one of the Global Goals - for example, you could ask local people how they would like to be supported to better look after the local environment, or to reduce their carbon footprint
Looking for more information?Technology and the SDGs
On the Global Goals for Sustainable Development
On Verizon (sponsoring this competition)
From women in STEM
Great resources from WAGGGS for further help
Be the Change – Community Action toolkit
An educational programme on how to take action in your local community
10 Million Voices
An activity pack introducing the Global Goals for Sustainable Development