WAGGGS Leadership Development Programme modules
The WLDP Leadership Resources are modules available to trainers, which will support Member Organizations in developing leadership development activities, events and workshops for new, existing and potential leaders. These modules include theory, individual and group exercises and guided reflection on the topics.
Please note: The materials are offered as support materials and not as an alternative to a full WLDP event.
Objectives for this Diversity module are to provide
- Clarity on why WAGGGS thinks diversity is important
- Introduction to the ‘WAGGGS way’ to work with diversity
- Help individuals to understand their own view of diversity
- To support the work with teams and diversity
- Suggestions to lead an organization to explore and work through/with diversity
- Understanding of the gains to be made from diversity (and what you might give up)
International events such as Juliette Low Seminars and regional gatherings are excellent examples of giving our members the opportunity to share national customs, values and traditions. By doing that they get to know the customs and values of other nations and cultures. This could result in better understanding of one’s own origin and more tolerance for others and different life situations.
Topics in this series:
- Understanding Leadership
- Personal Development
- Leading Teams
- Management Skills
- Setting Direction
- Publication date: 1st January 2009
- Author(s): WAGGGS
- Length: 71 pages
- Resource type: Activity packs
- Resource topic: Leadership development