Scholarships available for visitors to Our Chalet.
Currently available: Scholarships for Alpine Adventure and Rover Week events. Note: next Rover Week will be in 2020.
Event scholarships will cover full or partial participant fees. Some scholarships may be available towards travel costs, please specify on the application form if you would like to apply for this help.
Visa costs are to be paid by the participant and cannot be covered by a scholarship.
All complete applications will be considered for a scholarship. All applications will be processed in the order received and will be considered only if there are funds available.
Incomplete applications may not be considered. Please fully complete the application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHERYL A WATKINS SCHOLARSHIP
Are you aged 60+? Do you have 20 years of Guiding or Scouting service? If so, thanks to the Cheryl A Watkins Trust, we have a new scholarship opportunity just for you!
As a way to promote the recognition of long-serving leaders within the movement, this scholarship can be used towards the accommodation fee of a booking of up to 10 nights at Our Chalet, whether the booking is for an event or an independent visit.
- 1.1 Applications will be accepted and awarded on an on-going basis as long as funds are available.
- 1.2 Initial scholarships will be granted after the first allotment of funds are received (anticipated June/July 2018)
- 1.3 Application forms will require the following information: Normal booking information (see current booking inquiry), proof of date of birth (copy of official ID or passport), the signature of Membership Organisation official stating that the participant has 20 years of experience or service in the organisation.
Please fully complete the application form and return it to email@example.com
- 2.1 Participant must be a woman 60 years of age or older.
- 2.2 Participant must have WAGGGS Membership Organisation documentation of 20 years of involvement
- 2.3 Applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- 2.4 Where all requests cannot be filled, and where the date of request is unclear, the Our Chalet World Centre Manager will make the final call on who to grant to, and who to move to the next selection process.
- 2.5 Applicants can only receive one scholarship for 10 days or less.
- 2.6 Scholarship only covers lodging. Meals and programme expenses will be at the cost of the participant.
- 2.7 Once currently available funds have been awarded, applicants may choose to withdraw their request or move it to a later date when more funds become available.
- 2.8 Lodging availability applies
- 2.9 Scholarship is not available for Swiss Challenge (summer youth) events, although could be used for independent lodging during summer months booked no earlier than 6 months ahead of stay.