We encourage you to lower your carbon footprint by travelling to Our Chalet on public transport.
Arriving by air and train
The closest international airports are Bern, Geneva, Zurich, Basel-Euroairport and Milan (Italy). From these airports it takes two to four hours to reach Our Chalet.
To plan your travel from the airport to Our Chalet visit the Swiss rail system (SBB) website which is available in English, German, French, and Italian. Our Chalet's nearest bus stop is Adelboden Oey. You can download our Train Travel Advice document, which contains a step-by-step guide to planning a journey and buying tickets on the SBB website.
From your arrival point in Switzerland catch a train to Frutigen station. From Frutigen station you need to travel to Adelboden Oey by bus.
- Transfer to a red AFA bus. The bus connects with the train schedule and will be waiting on your arrival at Frutigen station. When you exit the station the bus will be on the opposite side of the road on the right. It will say Adelboden on the front.
- If you have purchased a ticket to Adelboden your train ticket is valid on the bus. If you do not have a ticket you can buy one on the bus or at any train station.
- There are many bus stops between Frutigen and Adelboden, the journey to Oey takes approximately 20 minutes. The name of each stop will be displayed on a screen in the bus as you travel. When you see Oey displayed press a red button to tell the bus driver to stop.
- Note: Groups of 10+ must inform AFA which bus they will be traveling on at least 24 hours in advance. AFA can then send extra vehicles if they expect a particular service to be very busy. To notify AFA e-mail email@example.com.
From Adelboden Oey to Our Chalet
- From the bus stop it is approximately 1.2 km uphill walk which takes 20-40 minutes. From the bus stop follow the sign posts marked Our Chalet. Please note the walk includes long steep uphill sections.
- Luggage transfer is available for CHF 5 return per person for arrivals between 9am and 6pm and must be pre-booked. Email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance to book. For event guests, luggage transfer is included in your package but you must still notify us of arrival time at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please note: luggage transfer is for luggage only. We are not usually able to transport guests from the bus stop.
- For groups on an event package arriving during office hours an Our Chalet staff member will meet you at the bus stop and lead your group up the hill to Our Chalet. One leader is asked to travel with your luggage and start the check-in process while the group is walking.
- The bus company AFA also runs local taxis. To book a taxi e-mail email@example.com or call 075 415 15 15 (24 hours).
- A taxi costs approximately CHF 20-25 one way from Adelbodey Oey to Our Chalet. AFA has a range of vehicles available up to 7 seats.
Arriving by road
The full address for Our Chalet is Hohliebeweg 1, 3715 Adelboden. Be careful when using sat nav/GPS to select the correct address. There are many chalets in Adelboden!
Directions from Adelboden Oey
As you enter Adelboden on the main road from Frutigen you will come to a small roundabout/circle/rotary with a bakery on the left. Take the third exit (left turn) here.
Turn left again almost immediately (just after the petrol station) then drive up a steep hill. After a sharp right-hand corner there is short flat section before the road forks. Take the right hand fork onto Hohliebeweg. Our Chalet is on the left just around the first corner.
Parking at Our Chalet is very limited and cannot be reserved in advance. There is no charge for parking at Our Chalet.
Road conditions and large vehicles
Our Chalet is located on a steep and narrow mountain road. Our Chalet's driveway is steep and narrow with sharp corners.
Coaches/full size buses cannot reach Our Chalet. In summer most coach drivers are able to drop off at the bottom of Hohliebeweg from where it is a 5-10 uphill minute walk to Our Chalet. In winter coaches cannot turn around at Hohliebeweg and must drop off at the bottom of Bonderlnstrasse, from where it is a 20-30 minute uphill walk to Our Chalet. Luggage transfer can be arranged for arrivals during office hours (9am-6pm) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance.
In winter months roads may be impassable for any vehicles without four-wheel drive. We advise all guests traveling to us in winter to have four-wheel drive and winter tyres and to carry snow chains.
Car travel tips
If you are arriving from a neighbouring country and plan to use the motorways, you are required to pay a motorway tax. A ‘vignette’ can be purchased at the border entering Switzerland. Further information on road rules and travel is available from Swiss Touring Club.
During winter it is advisable to have winter tyres on your vehicle and essential to carry snow chains. It is a good idea to practice fitting them before your trip.
Several mountain passes close during the winter due heavy snow and avalanche risk. Check current conditions of roads immediately before you depart.
Bon voyage and see you soon!