Travelling to Our Chalet
We encourage you to lower your carbon footprint by travelling to Our Chalet on public transport.
Arriving by air and train
The closest international airports are Bern, Geneva, Zurich, Basel-Euroairport and Milan (Italy). From these airports it takes two to four hours to reach Our Chalet. To plan your travel within Switzerland visit the Swiss rail system (SBB) website, where you can create your itinerary, find out about discounts, travel passes and purchase your tickets. Our Train Travel Advice document contains a step-by-step guide to planning a journey and buying tickets on the SBB website.
Before you book your travel check here to see if special discounted Guide/Scout train tickets can help your group save money.
From your arrival point in Switzerland you need to catch a train to Frutigen station.
- In Frutigen you transfer to a red AFA bus to travel to Adelboden Oey bus stop, Our Chalet’s closest bus stop. Trains run regularly from larger cities and airports. Please be aware trains do not run all night. If you have purchased a ticket to Adelboden Oey your train ticket is valid on the bus. You can buy tickets on the bus or at any train station.
- The AFA bus in Frutigen is connected to the train schedule and located only a few steps from the train platforms. When you exit the station the bus will be on the opposite side of the road to the right. It will say Adelboden on the front.
- There are many bus stops between Frutigen and Adelboden, the journey to Oey takes approximately 20 minutes. The name of each stop will be displayed in the bus as you travel. When you see Oey displayed press a red button to tell the bus driver to stop.
- You must pre-order the luggage transfer from Adelboden Oey bus stop to Our Chalet. This service is available between 9am and 6pm, please email email@example.com at least 48 hours in advance to book. Cost of return transfer is CHF 5 per person for non-event guests. For event guests the cost is included in your package.
- If you are arriving outside 9am-6pm or outside of AFA bus running times (05.30 - 23.30) you can contact AFA (tel: +41 75 415 15 15) to book a taxi to Our Chalet. If you have a large group you can also order bus transfers directly from the airport with AFA.
- If you wish to walk from the Adelboden Oey bus stop it is approximately 1.2 km uphill which can take between 20-40 minutes. From the bus stop follow the sign posts marked Our Chalet. Please note the walk includes long steep uphill sections.
- If you are travelling with a group of 10+ you are required to inform AFA bus company of your travel between Frutigen and Adelboden at least 24 hours in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Arriving by car
Switzerland is linked to Europe's extensive motorway network.
If you are driving from:
- Austria, Germany or Eastern Switzerland
Follow motorway A1 Zurich-Bern, motorway A6 Bern-Spiez and the main road for Frutigen-Adelboden.
- Germany, Northern France or Northern Switzerland
Follow motorway A2 Basel-Bern, motorway A6 Bern-Spiez and main road for Frutigen-Adelboden.
- Southern France or Western Switzerland
Follow motorway A1 Geneva-Lausanne, motorway A12 Lausanne-Bern, motorway A6 Bern-Spiez and main road for Frutigen-Adelboden.
- Italy or Southern Switzerland
Follow Domodossola-Iselle-Simplon-Brig-Goppenstein, car transfer Lötschberg (Goppenstein-Kandersteg) and main road Frutigen-Adelboden.
After passing the main ‘Welcome to Adelboden’ sign, turn left to Our Chalet at Adelboden Oey. This is the main intersection with a small roundabout/circle/rotary just before the final rise into the village. There is a sign for Our Chalet at this intersection beyond the large neon sign for the ski lifts.
Turn left again almost immediately, just after the petrol station, then drive up a steep hill. Follow the signposts, taking the right fork onto Hohliebeweg and then the first left onto Our Chalet’s driveway.
Please note parking at Our Chalet is limited. The local roads and driveways are very steep and narrow, so unsuitable for many large vehicles. In winter months they will be impassable for vehicles without four-wheel drive. If arriving in winter please contact Our Chalet so we can advise you of the latest road conditions.
If you are travelling in a large vehicle/coach, please contact the Our Chalet office for information about alternative parking arrangements.
Car travel tips
If you are arriving from a neighbouring country and plan to use the motorways, you are required to pay a motorway tax. A ‘vignette’ can be purchased at the border entering Switzerland. Further information on road rules and travel is available from Swiss Touring Club.
Please note, during the winter it is advisable to have winter tyres on your vehicle and essential to carry snow chains. It is a good idea to practice fitting them before your trip.
Several mountain passes close during the winter due to snow levels, so please check roads are open when you plan your driving route. Check current conditions of roads again immediately before you depart.
Bon voyage and see you soon!