Girl Guides Singapore
Girl Guiding introduced in Singapore
Number of Girl Guides in 2016
Phone / Fax
+65 62599391 / +65 62595452
I promise to do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and help other people, and To keep the Guide Law.
Singapore Guide Law
- A Guide is loyal and can be trusted.
- A Guide’s duty is to be useful and to help others.
- A Guide is polite, considerate and respects her elders.
- A Guide is friendly and a sister to all Guides.
- A Guide is kind to all living things.
- A Guide is obedient.
- A Guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties.
- A Guide takes care of her own possessions and those of other people.
- A Guide is thrifty and diligent.
- A Guide is self-disciplined in all she thinks, says and does.
I promise to do my best: To do my duty to God, To serve my country and help other people, and To keep the Brownie Law.
A Brownie obeys and respects her elders.
A Brownie thinks of others before herself.
A Brownie tells the truth.
A Brownie is neat and tidy.
A Brownie is thrifty.
A Brownie plays and works cheerfully.
Development of the Movement
Girl Guides Singapore (GGS) started in 1917 at St Mary’s Home. Its proud heritage and fine record of achievements is built on a long tradition of providing a high-quality non-formal education and training programme that grooms leadership, decision-making and life skills.