Title: UN Challenge Badge Programme Assistant
Location: Home-based in any country where WAGGGS is able to contract for services or employment
Contract Type: Dependent on location
Contract Length: 31 March 2022
Fee: Negotiable/according to location and experience
Closing Date: 23 January 2022 (17:00 GMT)
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. The World Association of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting (WAGGGS) is the umbrella organisation for global Guiding and we represent 10 million girls in 152 countries. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world.
To provide a professional administration function to support the Programme Manager in the UN Challenge badge programme, the Plastic Tide Turners Challenge badge programme and the wider programmes team.
- Work under the supervision of Programme Manager (PM) and support the programme
- Come with innovative ideas to support to the approximately 2,000 young women “Wave Makers’, advocacy champions for Tide Turners from 11 countries (selected from January to March 2021).
- Support the PM in the organization of online/face to face Tide Turners Plastic Challenge advocacy training for young women in Guiding in countries such as Uganda, Madagascar, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Gambia and Zimbabwe.
- Offer programmatic support to help the Member Organizations’ Girl Guides and Girl Scouts community activities and advocacy projects
- Support with communications and follow up with the MOs those who are engaged in the programme for reporting or small grant.
- Support in feeding of databases for the overall UN Challenge badge programme and the Plastic Tide Turners challenge badge programme.
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager on collecting data, recording it and support in reports.
- Support in the creation of high-quality and engaging reports for UNEP and other partner organisations as well as for internal reporting processes
- Support in providing input into any review of existing UN Challenge Bade non-formal education material and project forms.
- Support WAGGGS events to promote girl leadership and action on environmental issues such as plastics pollution.
- Come with ideas for the communication on social media and the website for the programme.
- Ad-hoc support across the Global Programmes Team as and when needed and time allows.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the post holder. The line manager may stipulate other reasonable requirements.
How to Apply:
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time frame.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.