Job Title: Project Management Training Consultant
Location: Virtual / Home-based
Responsible to: Global Programmes Manager
Days / Tenure: 8 working days (including 2 days for preparations, 5 days of training and 1 day for reporting)
Contract Type: Short-term consultancy
Closing Date: 26 July 2021 (16:00 GMT)
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world. The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing. We are a volunteer-led global charitable Organisation with Member Organisations in 152 countries.
About the Role:
The YESS Girls’ Movement is WAGGGS international exchange programme, undertaken in collaboration with NOREC, a Norwegian government agency. Dubbed the ‘journey of a lifetime’, the YESS Girls’ Movement gives young women aged 18-25 years a platform to take leadership responsibilities at community, national and international levels. The progamme also strengthens the quality of the girl guiding and girl scouting experience through partner to partner institutional capacity building. This is enhanced through experience sharing on best practices by the different participating WAGGGS Member Organisations.
Currently the following 13 Member Organisations (Girl Guide Associations) are actively participating in the programme: - Bangladesh, Burundi, Fanilon I Madagasikara, Ghana, Kenya, Mpanazava Eto Madagasikara, Malawi, Nepal, , Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Each of the above Member Organisations has a YESS Country Cordinator who leads on the delivery of the programme.
We are looking for a training consultant or a team of training consultants to undertake a Project Management Training for the YESS Country Cordinators. The consultant(s) will work with the support of the WAGGGS Global Programmes Manager responsible for the YESS Girls Movement.
The General objective of the training is to empower the Country Cordinators to: -
- Comprehend and become familiar with the basic aspects of the YESS Girls Movement; and the collaboration between WAGGGS and NOREC.
- Understand and/ be refreshed on important elements of the YESS Girls Movement Programme cycle, including its planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Adjust to the new normal of virtual project management
The specific objectives of the training are:
- To induct the new Country Cordinators and refresh the ongoing ones on the WAGGGS-NOREC partnership; and core information regarding the program.
- To empower the Country Cordinators with strategies to help their teams to maximise performance both individually and as teams.
- As an adjustment to the new normal, to empower the Cordinators to be able to create engaging virtual spaces where they can collaborate and effectively connect with their teams and target communities.
- To facilitate a fundamental understanding of the project management process and all that is entailed at each level, for purposes of ensuring quality results-oriented delivery of the YESS Girls Movement Programme.
- To build confidence and skills of the YESS Country Cordinators in managing donor grants generally, but very specifically to be able to meet NOREC’s agreed on terms and conditions when implementing the YESS Girls Movement.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this consultancy position, please submit your offer either as an individual or as a team via our recruitment portal.
Please include in your offer a quote, a capability statement, a proposed programme and a short description of the training methodology you propose to use; together with your CV and a cover letter.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application by 26th July, 2021 (16:00hrs GMT) to ensure that it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team (email@example.com) to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time-frame.