Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Location: London, NW3, UK home based, or home-based from a country where WAGGGS can contract for services
Hours: 21 hours/ 3 days per week
Salary / Fee : Salary will depend on location and experience. As a guide, a UK-based salary for this role would be circa £29,000-32,000 (pro-rata of the number of days worked)- outside of the UK consultancy fee negotiable
Contract Type: Fixed term until Dec 2025
Closing Date: 18 June 2023 (23:59 BST)
The main purpose of this role is to monitor and evaluate the Global Girls Leadership Programme, in particular how the programme delivers on the WAGGGS Leadership Development Framework.
The Global Girls Leadership Programme (GGLP) will offer global leadership experiences for hundreds of girls and young women across the Movement to practise and develop their leadership, build confidence and support networks. This programme will empower an international network girls and young women to become confident, empathic and inclusive active global citizens within and outside of the Movement. It will also foster youth participation within and outside of the Movement, supporting young women to take on decision-making roles. The Global Girls Leadership Programme participants will in turn inspire a further 15,000 girls to take the lead in their lives and in their communities, to build a more tolerant world, where diversity is valued and celebrated.
As the successful candidate, you will have strong analytical and research skills and an interest in leadership, education and gender equality. You will have experience of monitoring and evaluating behaviour change, especially designing and testing monitoring and evaluation plans, and gathering, analysing and sharing data.
To design a monitoring and evaluation plan to support the implementation of our leadership development framework in the GGLP that will enable us to assess whether the outcomes are being achieved.
- Use multiple evaluation and data collection tools, including both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Focus on measuring behaviour change
- Support others (colleagues and volunteers) to understand the different methodologies used
To gather data from young women, volunteers and staff participating in the programme, including:
- Young women participating in our leadership events and volunteers who support them (including working with the 100 Girls Project coordinator to monitor and evaluate the delivery of participants’ social action projects)
- Members of our leadership events alumni network
- Young women benefitting from our youth participation work as part of the GGLP
- Staff and volunteers being trained in our leadership model as part of mainstreaming the Girl Guide and Girl Scout leadership model in the Movement (working with the leadership trainer)
To support the improvement of the GGLP over the three years, focussing in particular on the extent to which the leadership component is reaching and benefitting girls and young women.
- Gather and analyse data on the effectiveness of the leadership component of the programme
- Contribute to the review by sharing analysed data and making recommendations for areas of improvement
To support the Leadership Events Lead and Girl Experience Manager with donor reporting
To use the monitoring and evaluation plan developed through this project to conduct impact assessments across WAGGGS’ broader leadership work;
- Draw on the learnings from the GGLP to make recommendations for and support WAGGGS’ wider M&E work on leadership
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please download the recruitment pack and submit your cover letter & CV online via our recruitment portal.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time frame.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.