Hours: 35 per week
Location: London NW3
Contract type: Fixed Term until 31 January 2020
Annual Salary: £15,000
Closing date: 21 June 2019 12:00 BST
Interviews: 2 July 2019
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world.
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing.
Purpose of Internship:
As an Intern, you will work as part of the Innovation & Leadership Development department to coordinate WAGGGS’ major leadership development activity in 2019: the Juliette Low Seminar (JLS).
This opportunity will give you a unique insight into a large-scale international event for 1,000 young women taking place in 20 countries simultaneously as well as international event coordination, volunteer management and leadership development.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Ability to build & maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders, develop cross-functional working with staff at all levels
- Willingness to learn and adapt behaviour to support diverse teams
- An organised and methodical approach to managing workload and meeting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate - good knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of WAGGGS ’mission, vision and values
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Arabic
- Interest in leadership development and gender equality
- Experience of office administration and working in an office environment
- Experience in the voluntary sector, preferably working with or as a volunteer
- Experience pf processing & monitoring financial information (invoices, expenses)
- Experience of event planning
What you can expect from us
- 26 days annual leave plus public holiday (pro-rata)
- 5% Generous Matched Pension Contribution with Aviva (*after 3 months)
- Occasional flexible & remote working
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assisted Programme (EAP)
How to Apply:
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time-frame.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.
Apply for the Leadership Development Internship
Find out more...Visit our recruitment portal