Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: London, NW3
Salary Range: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 1 August 2021 (17:00 GMT)
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world.
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing.
This role operates within the context of a volunteer-led global charitable organisation with 152 Member Organisations.
To ensure the finances of WAGGGS are managed efficiently and properly, in accordance with highest standards of good practice in the charity sector, and that its financial obligations in the UK and overseas are met efficiently, complying with all financial and statutory requirements.
To maximize the impact of WAGGGS’s financial resources and finance function enabling WAGGGS to deliver high quality services and programmes, which meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Build the Finance function to deliver exceptional finance services to WAGGGS’s teams with a clear focus on continuous improvement, problem solving and development, ensuring a high level of performance with a customer focus.
- Act as a strategic financial adviser to the Leadership and Senior Management Team, providing sound advice, guidance and information on organisational performance, risks and opportunities.
- Take overall responsibility for preparation of management reporting, annual accounts and audit matters to ensure compliance with statutory requirements, donor reporting and governance structures.
- Work closely with and direct financial operations, including via outsourced third party suppliers, for WAGGGS entities and offices in 5 countries – India, Belgium, Switzerland, UK, Mexico.
The Head of Finance will be a high performing, professionally qualified individual with Senior Management experience who can lead WAGGGS’s finance function and deliver its finance strategy, providing and continuously improving financial plans, systems, procedures and practices. This individual is a collaborative, dynamic finance professional, technically sound, commercially savvy and an advocate of business partnering.
This individual will build the Finance function to deliver exceptional finance services to WAGGGS’s teams. They will provide effective leadership encouragement and mentorship to the team so that it serves both internal and external stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
- Finance Control and Reporting
- Change project
- Leadership and Team Management
- Governance and Key stakeholders
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the post holder. The line manager may stipulate other reasonable requirements.
The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
How to apply
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team firstname.lastname@example.org to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time frame.
A note for recruitment agencies:
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.