About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Head of Communications to cover maternity leave for a period of 12 months.
Reporting to the Director of Engagement, the Head of Communications will coordinate our external facing communications, press and advocacy activity.
Working with a team of four, you will aim to raise the profile of WAGGGS and Guiding globally, while developing and promoting a new brand, both internally and externally.
You will need talent, ambition, energy, drive and a sense of humour, able to embrace our vision, values and culture, inspire the team, and develop cross-functional working, while being able to represent WAGGGS at events and ability to address politicians, stakeholders and the press.
You will have significant experience in journalism, media relations or public relations and have developed and implemented communications and media strategies raising the profiles of organisations.
You will have a track record of creating effective, transparent communications for all levels and in forms appropriate to audience, bringing the content alive and using digital technology to the maximum.
What you can expect from us:
- Salary c.£50,000 (dependent on experience)
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Beautiful North London Location with Car Parking (Easy reach from Belsize Park, Swiss Cottage and Hampstead Heath Over ground Stations
- Generous Matched Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Child Care Voucher and Bike to Work Schemes
Visit our Recruitment Website to Apply
Find out more about the role, the organisation and our plans for the futureApply online