Job Title: Girl Experience Lead
Location: London NW3 or home-based (in a country where WAGGGS can contract for employment or services)
Salary Range: £30,000 - £37,500 per annum if U.K. based (also dependent on experience & location, if based internationally)
Contract Type: 2 year FTC or CFS (dependent on location)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 15th September 2021 (23:59 GMT)
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In brave, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world.
The WAGGGS Core Mission team is a team of creative specialists that support the Girl Guide and Girl Scout Movement to empower girls and women as leaders and advocates through the power of non-formal education. We create resources and training tools and develop our global volunteer network, so they are ready to work with our 152 national Member Organisations (MOs) who deliver grassroots Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting activities around the world. Our aim is to bring sustainable change to the quality of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting.
For over 100 years, Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting has been supporting girls to become active global citizens through non-formal education, the development of shared values and life skills. We want to make sure that any and every girl can access a safe, high quality non-formal educational experience through Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting that helps her feel more confident to take the lead in her own life at all stages of her development.
As Girl Experience Lead, your role will be to work with the Girl Experience Manager and volunteer teams to support Member Organisations and their volunteers to:
- Create spaces and opportunities for girls to practise leadership in Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting
- Strengthen safeguarding and child protection practices to ensure a good foundation for a quality Girl Guide and Girl Scout experience
- Update their educational programmes and activities so girls of all ages can access an inclusive, high quality Girl Guide and Girl Scout experience
- Strengthen non-formal education practices in all aspects of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting
Educational method and leadership model mainstreaming
- Champion WAGGGS’ educational method in all of WAGGGS’ girl experience work.
- Support the Girl Experience Manager to work with key staff in the Global Programmes Team to strengthen non-formal education practices, paying particular attention to safeguarding, youth participation mechanisms, diversity, inclusion and equity of access.
- Work with WAGGGS’ communications staff to ensure a sound understanding of our non-formal educational method and the girl experience opportunities available and disseminate this effectively to our members through the website, social media and print, digital and multimedia resources.
Girl Experience resources development
- Write, edit and curate non-formal educational tools, programmes and training plans for girls and adults that support high quality non-formal education for all age stages and respond to our leadership outcomes.
- Facilitate context-sensitive learning and development opportunities for staff and volunteers about non-formal education.
- Research and develop new concepts and thought pieces related to non-formal education
Girl Experience capacity building
- Develop a safeguarding support offer for Member Organisations
- Advise volunteers and Member Organisations on how to best apply WAGGGS’ educational method in their work with girls and adults.
- Develop expertise in the Girl Guide and Girl Scout Leadership Model and advise Member Organisations and volunteers on how to champion girls’ leadership and participation at every level by delivering against our leadership development framework.
- In partnership with the Lead Volunteer for Girl Experience, oversee girl experience capacity building projects with WAGGGS’ Member Organisations.
Volunteer support and management
- Develop and maintain a strong staff-volunteer partnership with the Lead Volunteer for Girl Experience
- Support and upskill the girl experience volunteer team.
- Provide support and resources to volunteers working on capacity building projects to ensure the quality and sustainability of our tailored services.
- Creating and delivering e-learning content and virtual training to support a large global volunteer network.
- In partnership with the Lead Volunteer for Girl Experience, manage volunteer project teams and monitor the quality of the volunteer experience with WAGGGS.
How to Apply:
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team email@example.com to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time-frame.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire people directly and have a preferred supplier list in place. We will be in touch if we need you.