We are the largest voluntary Movement dedicated to girls and young women in the world. Their diverse Movement represents ten million girls and young women from 150 countries.
For more than 100 years Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting has supported and empowered girls to achieve their fullest potential and become responsible citizens of the world. Through innovative non-formal education programmes, leadership development, campaigning and community action, WAGGGS enables girls to develop the skills and confidence needed to make positive changes in their lives, their communities and their countries.
This global role operates within the context of a volunteer-led charitable membership organisation with 150 distinctive Member Organisations. It provides the inspiration, knowledge and direction to protect and enhance the rich legacy of the Movement and amplify the collective reach and impact of WAGGGS.
Main job purpose:
- To provide vision and leadership expertise to the organisation and develop, implement and evaluate the mission and long-term strategy of WAGGGS as authorized by the World Board.
- Oversee the strategic allocation of resources and positioning of the organisation to deliver more opportunities for more girls, greater global influence and support a strong and vibrant Movement
- Be responsible for the leadership, management and administration of the charity, including managing staff within the strategic, policy and accountability frameworks defined by the World Board. Support the World Board to fulfil its governance duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the WAGGGS Global Team is high performing, agile, and focused on delivering the tools, connections and global voice the Member Organisations need to thrive. Provide professional expertise and support across a range of modern business functions to drive the efficient and effective operation of the organisation including organisational culture. Nurture MO relationships to ensure a connected, thriving Movement
- Develop the external profile of WAGGGS as a leader within its sectors: Girl and Young Women empowerment, leadership development and non-formal education. Ensure WAGGGS is recognised as a relevant, powerful and progressive partner-of-choice. Mobilize resources and secure funding in order to promote the mission and vision of WAGGGS
We are looking for an inspiring, mission-driven individual who is an effective leader and a powerful communicator; someone who possesses highly effective trust building and influencing skills as well as the confidence and credibility to raise the recognition of the organisation’s reach and impact across the public arena nationally, regionally and globally.
Your profile must be complemented by business acumen and a successful track record in strategic and operational leadership in a changing and complex environment, ideally in an international context and with a deep belief in the power of non-formal education to improve the lives of individuals and the world around them.
The person chosen to lead WAGGGS through its next stage of growth and development will have a wholehearted commitment to our goals in service to our members, in addition to the partnership and full support of a strong Board of Trustees and a dedicated staff team.
For extensive information about WAGGGS, the role of Chief Executive and the person they are looking for, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
Closing date for applications: Monday 13 April 2020
Preliminary interviews with Russam: Week commencing 27 April 2020
Final interview with WAGGGS and other informal meetings: Week commencing 18 May 2020
How to Apply
To apply for this position please provide the following two pieces of information:
- A comprehensive CV, including details of your achievements in each role and details of two referees.
- A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the criteria as outlined in the Candidate Information Pack.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Melissa Baxter on 07789 985229 / email@example.com