Location: Adelboden, Switzerland
Tenure: 1 day per week or 20% of a full-time position
Annual Salary: CHF 18’914.00
Interviews: TBC (via Zoom)
*Fixed term for 1 year
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities and our world.
The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing.
About Our Chalet:
Our Chalet is situated in a traditional Swiss Alpine Village at 1350 meters altitude. As the oldest of the World Centres, Our Chalet is an international gathering place for members and families, providing opportunities to meet and share experiences. Our Chalet offers accommodation, international volunteering programmes and a wide range of indoor and outdoor programmes.
About the Role:
Our Chalet is seeking a Bookkeeper to act as a first point of contact for all account-keeping and process of finances.
This role includes working closely with World Centre Manager and the Guest Services Coordinator.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in bookkeeping
- Training in accrual accounting, financial principles, systems and procedures
- Good Knowledge of Swiss regulations & legal requirements
- Board experience of computerised financial accounting systems
- Ability to build & maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders, develop cross-functional working with staff at all levels
- Be Fluent in English (written and spoken) and Swiss German (spoken)
- Knowledge of Girl Guiding and Scouting
- Experience in budget management
How to Apply:
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time-frame.