Our annual leadership development event in the Swiss Alps.
The Helen Storrow Seminar is WAGGGS' introductory level leadership development event. It is held annually at Our Chalet.
The seminar gives young people from around the world the chance to connect on issues they care about and take the lead as agents of change in their communities.
This special programme has been held at Our Chalet, WAGGGS’ World Centre in Switzerland, since 1986. In the heart of the Swiss Alps, this Our Chalet adventure brings Girl Guides and Girl Scouts closer to nature. It allows participants to explore the environmental issues they face in their communities and inspires them to value and protect the environment.
- Discover wild places in the Swiss Alps and test your appetite for adventure.
- Design and carry out a project to protect the environment your community.
- Experience the diversity of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting around the world.
- Connect with peers from other countries to share ideas and solutions for common challenges.
- Learn more about environmental issues.
- Explore leadership practice and develop the mindsets of a change maker.
Applications for the 2020 Helen Storrow Seminar are now open. Deadline for applications is 7th February. Application forms can be downloaded here. A flyer with a reminder of all the relevant information about the Seminar can be downloaded here.
Participants are expected to arrive by 18:00 on 3rd May 2020. Departures are on the morning of 11th May 2020.
The cost of the seminar is CHF 800. This includes all meals, accommodation and programme.
Please note this does not include travel to and from Our Chalet as well as the insurance and visa costs.
Participants may stay at Our Chalet as independent guests before and after the event with prior reservation for an additional fee. Countries or MOs can send more than one participant. Funding may be available on application.